Support ONYX BOOX Darwin 3
ATTENTION! Check the build number before updating the software. It can be found in the device settings on the "About device" page. If the build date is the same as the version presented here or higher, the device must not be updated!
- Download the firmware update.zip file on your PC.
- Charge the device battery at least up to 50%.
- Copy the update.zip file onto your device into the root directory of the internal memory via a USB cable. Then disconnect the cable.
- Connect an AC charger to the device and then to a power supply source.
- From the main page of the eReader go to Settings > About > System Update > Check update from local storage.
- There will be a question: "New update package found,do you want to update?". Choose "OK".
- Updating process will start. It lasts for about 5 minutes.
- If there appears the system menu in the process, select Reboot Now with the help of the side buttons and confirm your choice with a short press of the Power button.
- Wait till the user interface starts.
- Remove the installation file of the firmware after the eReader turns on.
- After the procedure, go again to Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset > Reset device and Erase everything. This procedure is necessary to make the device work properly.