- Download the firmware update.zip file onto your PC.
- Charge the device battery at least up to 50%.
- Extract the content from the downloaded update.zip file. You will have the update.upx file.
- Connect your ereader to your PC.
- Copy this update.upx file into your device into the root directory of the internal memory via a USB cable.
- From the main page of the eReader go to Settings > About > System Update > Check update from local storage.
- There will be the question: "New update package found. Do you want to update?". Choose "OK".
- Updating process will start. It will last for about 5 minutes.
- Wait till the user interface starts.
- Having installed the firmware, you need to calibrate the battery. The calibration procedure cannot be interrupted by resetting the device to default settings. The procedure consists of three steps:
- Charge the device to 100 percent after updating without disconnecting it from a power source until the level reaches 100 percent.
- When the battery reaches, use the device in normal mode until the battery discharges completely (the icon with a cable appears on the screen demanding to charge the device).
- Then charge again the device uninterruptedly to 100 percent.
The battery calibration has been performed.