Support ONYX BOOX Monte Cristo 5
ATTENTION! Check the build number before updating the software. It can be found in the device settings on the "About device" page. If the build date is the same as the version presented here or higher, the device must not be updated!
- Download the firmware update.zip file onto your PC.
- Charge the device battery at least up to 50%.
- Extract the content from the downloaded update.zip file. You will have the update.upx file.
- Connect your ereader to your PC.
- Copy this update.upx file into your device into the root directory of the internal memory via a USB cable.
- From the main page of the eReader go to Settings > About > System Update > Check update from local storage.
- There will be the question: "New update package found. Do you want to update?". Choose "OK".
- Updating process will start. It will last for about 5 minutes.
- If there appears the system menu in the process, select Reboot Now with the help of the side buttons and confirm your choice with a short press of the Power button.
- Wait till the user interface starts.
- Having installed the firmware, you need to calibrate the battery. The calibration procedure cannot be interrupted by resetting the device to default settings. The procedure consists of three steps:
- Charge the device to 100 percent after updating without disconnecting it from a power source until the level reaches 100 percent.
- When the battery reaches, use the device in normal mode until the battery discharges completely (the icon with a cable appears on the screen demanding to charge the device).
- Then charge again the device uninterruptedly to 100 percent.
The battery calibration has been performed.